FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The Airport Master Plan is the short- and long-term development concept for the airport. It is the local airport planning document to be used as guidance in planning for airport facility needs over a 20-year time period.
FAA/TxDOT recommends that public-use airports update their primary planning documents periodically or as local aviation conditions change. The most recent Airport Master Plan was completed in 2010. This Airport Master Plan and Business Plan will provide planning guidance for up to 20-years.
Coffman Associates, a national aviation consulting firm specializing in airport planning studies, was selected following a qualifications-based selection process.
FAA/TxDOT provides 90 percent of the project funding, with the remaining 10 percent coming from the airport. The funds are sourced from the federal Aviation Trust Fund, which is funded exclusively by various aviation user fees, including taxes on airline tickets, aviation fuel, and some aircraft parts.
- Existing Airport Inventory
- Aviation Activity Forecasts (to be approved by FAA)
- Facility Requirements
- Development Alternatives
- Recommended Master Plan Concept
- Capital Improvement Program/Financial Plan
- Land Use Compatibility Analysis
- Airport Layout Plan (to be approved by FAA)
The PAC consists of local community leaders and stakeholders. The PAC will provide guidance and feedback on draft master plan documents. PAC meetings take place at key milestones in the planning process. A list of individuals serving on the PAC can be obtained from airport management.
All pertinent project materials, including draft submissions, are posted to this website in the Master Plan Documents. In addition, this project calls for up to three public information workshops which will be held during the master plan development process. The public information workshop will be advertised locally and on this project website.
Most of the work on the airport master plan can be done remotely. There are several in-person meetings (PAC and Public Information Workshops) included in the scope of services. The scope also includes an alternate option of hosting meetings remotely through commonly available internet-based services such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or RingCentral. Should it become necessary, these resources will be utilized.